Sunday, January 14, 2018

Bright Birthday Bird Card

It's been pretty cold the last couple of days, so I was happy to see a challenge for something bright. I like making cheerful cards and I think the image and colors on this Bright Birthday Bird Card will be perfect for my youngest niece. Her birthday is in April, so nice spring colors are perfect. I also want to wish a happy 8th birthday to Bugaboo Digi Stamps! My very first digital image came from Bugaboo and they continue to be one of my favorites. Wishing them many more years of creative success.

This Bright Birthday Bird Card design started with the selection of the bird image by Bugaboo Digi Stamps. Copic markers were used to color the image. The fun striped paper is by Doodlebug Designs and it was matted to a piece of black and white chevron. A black die cut frame was used along with a die cut happy birthday sentiment. To add a little sparkle, three sequins were added and that's it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Challenges entered:



9 comments:

  1. The balloons match the background paper perfectly, love that they do, whimsical image and great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a charming cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these bright colors too! This funky yellow bird looks right at home with the neon colors behind him. The black adds a nice touch of separation and really makes those hot colors pop! TS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card. I love the birthday birds. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely is a bright and cheerful card! That birdie is a totally fun image, and I love how you've used it. Sure that your niece will love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!!
    Ashwini, STB DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Andrea the image is brilliant and I love the bright fun colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, Andrea - you carried the colors through from the stripes to the motif beautifully! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, your card is adorable. We have had is cold in WI too so I feel you. Your image is colored so beautifully. Thanks for joining in the Bugaboo 8th Birthday Bold & Bright Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for taking the time to join in our Birthday bash for our bold and bright challenge! I love your project! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊