Monday, April 10, 2017

Handmade Easter Cards

When making handmade holiday cards I usually make multiples with the same image and layout but I use different colors and papers. So, they are the same but different. If you follow my blog on a regular basis these images will look familiar. If you are like me, I love seeing the difference color makes, so I have included the links to the previous posts. The card to the left (or above) was first done with purple and yellow (click here). To change things up, this card used patterned paper from the Spring Things paper pad by Doodlebug Designs. The orange and blue are fun and different. I'm always asking my hubby which one he likes better but he's really no help... he says "it's the same just different colors." I'm like "yes!" but which one do you like better. I think he's afraid to give me an answer. This card is entered into the following challenges: Simon Says Stamp - Hip Hop, The Cutie Pie - Bunnies & Chicks and Cute Card Thursday - Easter.

On the cards below I did change one element from the original card (click here). I added the scalloped die cut and stamped the sentiment directly onto the cardstock. This change will help avoid extra postage charges for those raised/bumpy areas. Plus I added some zig zag stitching where the papers join. The papers on these cards came from my scrap bin. The Handmade Easter Card below is entered into the Bugaboo Crafty Challenge. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!


5 comments:

  1. How sweet, the bunny in the top card is just adorable

    Thank you for joining in with the Cuties, hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the different papers certainly change the overall effect, but they are still super cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cute bunnies!! Thank you for joining in at the cutie pie challenge. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable combo of cards! And I really love your idea of making the same card design with different colors and patterned paper. It's a treat to see the same card look totally different depending on the color palette and patterns used. They all turned out beautifully and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊