Monday, July 4, 2016

For the Red, White and Blue!

Happy Fourth of July! This year, because of my surgery last week, I didn't have time to make any cards to send for this holiday but I wanted to make something for the Red, White and Blue. I wasn't in the mood to make something traditional, so I decided to make something with butterflies and flowers. I think the Red, White and Blue looks good in floral.

Today is the last day for the design team inspiration for the digital launch at Jessica Lynn Original. I've used the Winged One Butterfly digital stamp on my card. I printed several in an array of sizes, then colored them and fussy-cut the best sizes for the floral image. On the butterfly body I used gray liquid pearls to add some shimmer. For all supply details check out the list below. Thanks for stopping by and if you live in the United States I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July!

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Card Supply List:
  • Paper: Whisper White Cardstock, Watercolor paper and patterned paper by Pebbles from the America the Beautiful collection.
  • Stamps: Agapanthus Cluster by Stampendous!, Winged One Butterfly digital stamp by Jessica Lynn Original and Just Because sentiment stamp by Basic Grey. 
  • Inks & Coloring: Memento Black, VersaMark Clear, PEARLustre Lapis embossing powder by Stampendous! and blue watercolor ink by Higgins.
  • Other: Stuff: Dot Fade stencil by Tim Holtz, silver texture paste by Heidi Swapp, silver liquid pearls and dimensionals.

6 comments:

  1. Your pattern paper is awesome and I really like how you colored the butterflies and left the rest in black and white. Love it. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Lil Patch Crafty Friends.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Love that you used the red white and blue for something other than a patriotic card... not that there's anything wrong with that...lol! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining our Fun-Day Friday Challenge @ Jo’s Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, Andrea, this is gorgeous! Love the red butterflies on the silhouette flower! I thought that Agapanthus stamp looked familiar - I have it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers and butterflies! The red butterflies really pop! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊